- Suffolk Libraries
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £10.15 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 24 December 2018 01:00 PM
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which now runs Suffolk's library service.
Our vision is to "transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs."
Our Mobile Library Service is a public access mobile library, visiting rural communities throughout Suffolk. We currently operate 3 large vehicles, visiting 587 different locations on a four-weekly timetable.
We are currently looking for a Relief Mobile Driver to drive a mobile library vehicle in Ipswich (other locations around Bury and Saxmundham may be required) to an agreed schedule. The role which will involve weekend work would be to cover any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness.
You would be required to ensure that the vehicle is fit for purpose by undertaking the regular routine maintenance checks, take responsibility for the security and cleanliness of the vehicle and be responsible for the service offered to customers.
We are interested in someone who:
- has extensive experience of driving (preferably a 7.5 tonne vehicle) and holds a clean full C1 category driving license
- can demonstrate appropriate and effective communication skills with the aim of building positive and supportive relations with our customers and community
- is confident and competent in using the internet, email and using a variety of devices and applications
- can be proactive and promote innovative ideas that will help make the library relevant and increase the use of the mobile library service.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people, hold a clean full C1 driving licence and an interest in books and computers, we would like to hear from you.
For further information, please visit: www.suffolklibraries.co.uk and look under Jobs.
To apply send a CV with a supporting statement identifying the role you are interested in and the qualities you will bring to Suffolk Libraries by email to: email@example.com
Interview date: 7 January 2019 at Stowmarket Library.