- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 18 February 2020 11:30 PM
Secondment / fixed term opportunity, term time only, initially until 31 December 2020, with the potential for longer term opportunities.
We are recruiting for an Assessment & Progress Practitioner who will be at the forefront of the Assessment Centre process.
In Suffolk we are building a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are among the best and most innovative in England. You will need to have the highest standards, be able to deliver change quickly and be willing to give your all. In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
- lead intervention sessions with small groups of young people following classroom style expectations under the guidance of the A&P Co-ordinator
- underpin high expectations of children and young people in terms of behaviour
- contribute to the triage process of the referrals to identify with other professionals those children and young people who will benefit from receiving an early assessment and those who will require signposting or a consultation from another service
- collate previous information of the pupil across education, health and social care and contribute to establishing the holistic baseline
- be a motivated individual with the ability to engage with a variety of different stakeholders, whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail
- have the ability to manage a number of conflicting priorities whilst ensuring services are delivered in a timely fashion will be a key priority for this post.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Denise Redford on 07545 082896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.