- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 26 July 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term for 12 months as pre-doctorate qualification experience.
Based in either Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds or Ipswich.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Psychologist to join us within our Psychology and Therapeutic Services.
- have a good psychology degree recognised by The British Psychological Society
- be enthusiastic, inclusive and person-centred
- have an outcome and solution-oriented approach to your work
- have enthusiasm to work as part of a team, working with other colleagues across Suffolk
- have a strong commitment to developing consultation and therapeutic approaches
- work to gain the knowledge, skills and experience to progress to a doctoral training programme in child / educational psychology.
We offer you:
- high-quality supervision, working within a supportive environment in which to develop your professional skills
- a commitment to consultation based and person-centred approaches
- an innovative work environment with colleagues who are committed to working together to develop a range of whole school approaches
- collaborative group work as well as individual work with staff and young people to promote positive outcomes for children, young people and their families
- flexible working.
You will work from a value base that demonstrates Suffolk's ASPIRE values (Achieve, Support, Pride, Inspire, Respect and Empowerment). This will include being pro-active in developing inclusive, person-centred / strengths based approaches that enhance confidence, emotional wellbeing and supports children and young people to flourish.
You will be required to travel frequently in a wide operational area, therefore you must hold a valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
You will be based in one of the area teams whilst working collaboratively with other colleagues as part of the county service.
For an informal discussion, please contact Elaine Price, Deputy Principal EP on 07515 190773.
Please read the Application Guidance along with the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.