- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 10 July 2020 11:30 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Commissioning Officer with great attention to detail. Building strong relationships with a range of providers who deliver services for Children and Young People in Suffolk with Special Educational Needs, you will have the opportunity to feed into Countywide service developments that aim to improve the range and quality of services in Suffolk.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and dedicated team who play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining Suffolk’s Local Offer.
- have good communication skills
- the ability to negotiate with service providers to achieve desired outcomes.
- be part of the team involved in developing and expanding the local offer
- develop close working relationships with a range of providers both locally and nationally
- be given a caseload of providers who are your responsibility to build relationships with and manage their performance
- monitor providers against pre-agreed Key Performance Indicators
- support the commissioning and procurement activities within the Inclusion team
- help write and design contractual documentation to support the creation and development of new services for children and young people with SEND in Suffolk.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Chris Jacobs on 07711 908095.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.