- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- See Advert Details
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 06 December 2020 11:30 PM
We are recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Contract, Quality and Development Manager with an expertise in Commissioning. You will develop professional relationships with a broad range of education providers, focusing on increasing the local educational offer for Children and Young People in Suffolk with Special Educational Needs.
Leading on all elements of the commissioning cycle for SEND Provision for Suffolk children and young people, this will include planning, needs analysis, service redesign, market development, procurement, provider relationships and contract management activity.
- lead a team involved in the development of education provision contributing to expanding the local educational offer
- develop close working relationships with a range of Providers both locally and nationally
- manage a case-load of Providers who are your responsibility to build relationships with and manage their performance
- monitor providers against pre-agreed Key Performance Indicators
- lead on the commissioning and procurement activities within the Inclusion team
- write and design contractual documentation to support the creation and development of new services for children and young people with SEND in Suffolk.
To be successful in this role you will need good communication skills and the ability to negotiate with service providers to achieve desired outcomes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and dedicated team who play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining Suffolk’s Local Offer.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Jamie Mills on 07713 092223
Please read the Job and Person Profile and the SEND sufficiency strategy before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.