- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 22 February 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed term / secondment until end of July 2019.
In Suffolk, we continue to develop a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are amongst the best and most innovative in England. Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
We are working closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care to achieve this, but we still have a great deal to do. If you share our values and ambitions, we would love you to join our team. You will need to have the highest standards, be able to deliver change quickly and willing to give your all. In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
The SEND Family Services team leads on all aspects of our family facing work and supports individual children and young people with SEND and their families throughout their SEND journey. This includes securing the right education offer to support their specific needs and ensuring regular and effective review of their progress, holding providers to account across the system for meeting the needs of individual children and young people. This team includes practitioners from a range of backgrounds to provide a wealth of knowledge and experience and to build strong working partnerships across the education, health, and care system.
In the role of a Family Services Co-ordinator, you will:
- have direct case responsibility for a cohort of pupils with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans in local mainstream and specialist settings
- monitor progress through annual reviews and ensure EHC Plans remain current and relevant
- co-ordinate and complete EHC Needs Assessments, ensuring where it is necessary to issue an EHC Plan, that these are of good quality and within statutory timescales
- provide support and guidance to children and young people who are permanently excluded from an education setting, working with them and their families to identify and facilitate suitable education provision
- attend exclusion hearings to support families and challenge education providers’ practice when necessary.
We are looking to welcome to the team, individuals who will demonstrate key working approaches in their everyday practice and have professional relationships with and understanding of education settings and partner agencies to underpin this work.
If you are considering applying for a secondment, please read the secondment policy and ensure you have sought permission to apply before completing your application.
For further details please contact Helen Stanley on (01502) 674716.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.