- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 20 September 2019 11:30 PM
In Suffolk, we continue to develop a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are amongst the best and most innovative in England.
Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families. We are working closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care to achieve this, but we still have a great deal to do.
If you share our values and ambitions, we would love you to join our team. You will need to have the highest standards, be able to deliver change quickly and be willing to give your all. In return, you will have the satisfaction of being part of a strong and vibrant service that makes a real difference for children and young people every day.
In the role of a Family Services Co-ordinator, you will:
- have direct case responsibility for a cohort of pupils with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans in local mainstream and specialist settings
- monitor progress through annual reviews and ensure EHC Plans remain current and relevant
- co-ordinate and complete EHC Needs Assessments, ensuring where it is necessary to issue an EHC Plan, that these are of good quality and within statutory timescales
- provide support and guidance to children and young people who are permanently excluded from an education setting, working with them and their families to identify and facilitate suitable education provision
- attend exclusion hearings to support families and challenge education providers’ practice when necessary.
We are looking to welcome to the team, individuals who will demonstrate key working approaches in their everyday practice and have professional relationships with and understanding of education settings and partner agencies to underpin this work.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For further details, please contact James Pettit on 07834 174597.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.