- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 October 2019 11:30 PM
Flexible working options available to support you, your work-life balance and career.
In Suffolk, we continue to develop a team that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) that are amongst the best and most innovative in England.
Our management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families. We are working closely with our family representatives and our partners in health and social care to achieve this, but we still have a great deal to do.
If you share our values and ambitions, we would love you to join our team.
As a motivated, well qualified and highly skilled professional, you will provide strong leadership for our Hearing Impaired (HI) Service.
You will lead the team of specialist teachers and professionals across the service and ensure the effective development and high-quality delivery of countywide services for deaf and hearing-impaired children and their families; working in partnership with families, health colleagues and wider organisations to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The HI team are strong advocates for our children and young people and work tirelessly to ensure their inclusion and success in learning. You will be line managed by the SEND Manager Specialist Services and sit within Suffolk County Council’s Inclusion Service.
To take up this opportunity, it is essential you hold Qualified Teacher of the Deaf (QToD) status.
- Flexible working arrangements are available
- Access to exclusive internal opportunities, not available externally or via agencies
- Relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- Public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- A wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
Our workplace values
Above all, you will hold the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal chat about the post, please contact Izzy Connell on 07540 673775.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.