- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 29 March 2019 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are recruiting for an enthusiastic and person-centred Inclusion Facilitator to join the Psychology and Therapeutic Service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a career within an innovative and developing service, the role includes supporting the inclusion and participation of Children and Young People who have a range of needs which may relate to their emotional well-being and learning.
Main duties include to:
- Support Children and Young People to pursue their goals using a range of person centred processes such as Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope (PATH) and Making Action Plans (MAPS)
- Work with Children and Young People within the home environment, education setting and local community alongside their families, education staff and extended natural support
- Demonstrate a commitment to plan, support, monitor and review progress of vulnerable Children and Young People, ensuring their views are at the centre of your work
- Work closely with colleagues in order to support vulnerable Children and Young People who need additional support in planning next steps and ways forward in their lives
- Build relationships and establishing networks with local communities
- Represent and work as an advocate for Children and Young People within local communities.
You will need to possess excellent communication skills, with the commitment and ability to connect with people and build effective working relationships. Although not essential, a formal qualification in Psychology or an interest in a career in this field is desired.
The job requires travel, so you must be willing and able to travel across Suffolk.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dr Imogen Howarth on 07713 708386.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.