- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich; Suffolk; West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 15 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 March 2019 01:00 PM
15 hpw, 39 weeks per year, term time only.
In Suffolk we are building a team in the Sensory and Communication Service, that can deliver services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities that are among the best and most innovative in England. Our new management team is passionate about transforming the experiences of Suffolk children, young people and their families.
You will need to be either an experienced Intervenor or willing to train, to join a progressive team to support children and young people who have significant dual-sensory needs.
BSL Level 1 qualification is essential, but we are willing to support you, by providing free training that you will need to complete at the earliest opportunity.
In this key supporting role, you will:
- work 1-to-1 with Deaf Blind / Multi-Sensory Impaired (MSI) people and their families in their homes or at specified centres
- promote communication using the ‘Total Communication’ approach and tactile methods of learning
- facilitate the development and/or use of receptive and expressive communication skills
- ensure safety, welfare and advocacy is maintained
- enable the Deaf Blind / Multi-Sensory impaired child or young person to interact purposefully and enjoyably with people as a responsible participant in the community, at school and beyond.
For further information please email: email@example.com or phone 07540 668579.
Interviews: 29 March 2019 at Endeavour House, Ipswich.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.