- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 April 2019 01:00 PM
This is a new role responsible for supporting the Head of SEND Strategy and Commercial Services and SEND Operations Manager to improve our funding policies and practice in relation to SEND.
It is an exciting opportunity to join a newly structured team and contribute to the SEND transformation programme to improve service for families, children and young people with SEN.
- work collaboratively with other departments, colleagues and other local authorities to identify good practice and develop policies to support this
- be responsible for operational ownership of the Inclusion Service cost management plan and monthly budget reporting
- be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Inclusion Funding Hub team
- be key to decision making processes with regards to shaping the Local Authority High Needs Funding strategy
- be enthusiastic and motivated and have the ability to write clear policies in line with quality standards and current relevant legislation
- have good interpersonal skills which will be required within this role to ensure implementation and full compliance from within the Inclusion Service as well as change control and management skills.
You will be expected travel to other Suffolk County Council offices and regional / national events as required.
For further details please contact Paula Benneworth on 07889 301531.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.