- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Honington Community Primary School, Honington
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 19 November 2018 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a Specialist Inclusion Assistant to join the County Inclusion Support Service (CISS), based at Honington Primary School.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for CISS, a Suffolk County Council outreach service that works in partnership with mainstream schools to support children and young people who have a diagnosis of Autism, traits of Autism, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and all associated behaviours. The role is specifically designed to support children and young people on CISS caseload in mainstream schools.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to inclusion
- an awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder and social, emotional and mental health issues
- have a commitment to listening to children, young people and families and to working collaboratively with them to improve outcomes through a solution focussed approach
- need access to personal transport and to hold a valid British driving licence.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Jan Welsh 07860831197 or Ian Wickson 07860827801.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: 29 November 2018.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.