- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 28 per week
- Closing date:
- 02 January 2019 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a County Technician to join our Sensory and Communication Service, ensuring that children and young people with a Hearing Impairment are able to access the best possible listening opportunities within an education setting and at home.
As a member of the Sensory and Communication Service, you will:
- work alongside specialist staff including Teachers of the Deaf; testing and checking equipment, offering advice on hearing aids and FM radio aid systems
- train key staff in the use of FM radio aid systems
- maintain a detailed audiological equipment database and recording system
- be responsible for processing new orders, allocation of equipment, basic trouble-shooting and returns for maintenance
- carry out assessments of the child’s needs at home, making recommendations for equipment (door bells, fire alerts etc.)
- provide management information as required; detailing numbers and types of FM radio aid systems in use.
A willingness to train on the job is essential. This will involve familiarising yourself with manufacturers of Radio Aid systems and staying up-to-date with advances and developments in new technology. You must be willing to attend Deaf Awareness training in addition to basic British Sign Language.
The job requires travel and so it is essential that you are willing and able to travel across Suffolk.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Greer Hill on 07712 421891.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview Date: 8 January 2019
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.