- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 23 November 2018 01:00 PM
Required to start as close to 7 January 2019 as possible.
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for 7 enthusiastic and innovative Transition and Reintegration Facilitators on a Secondment or Fixed Term basis until July 2020. You will work with closely with students, their families, alternative provisions and mainstream settings.
Suffolk County Council have been awarded funding via Ipswich Opportunity area to deliver an enhanced program of support focused on reintegrating students from pupil referral units in Ipswich, into mainstream schools and post 16 setting. The project has to deliver a very clear set outcomes over the two year life cycle from January 2019 to July 2020.
- be passionate about inclusive practice to improve the educational path for children and young people in Ipswich
- be enthusiastic, inclusive and person-centred
- have a good understanding of attachment theory
- have an outcome and solution-oriented approach to your work
- have enthusiasm to work as part of a team, working with educational settings across Ipswich
- have a strong commitment to developing consultation and therapeutic approaches
- work to gain the knowledge, skills and experience that will provide the evidence of changing practice for CYP in educational settings across Ipswich.
We will offer you:
- the opportunity to be part of a project that will demonstrate measurable change for children and young people in Ipswich.
- high-quality supervision, extensive training and the opportunity to gain a working knowledge of the education system in Ipswich within a supportive environment in which will develop your professional skills
- a commitment to person-centred approaches
- an innovative working environment with colleagues from a range of educational settings who are committed to working together to develop a range of whole school approaches to inclusive practice
- collaborative group work as well as individual work with staff and young people to promote positive outcomes for children, young people and their families
The ability to travel across Ipswich and occasionally around Suffolk is required.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Chris Howard on (01473) 265221.
Please read the Job and Person Profile and the Ipswich Opportunity Area, area plan before applying for this job.
Interview date: 30 November, 3 and 4 December 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.