- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £48,275 (pro rata for part time)
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 15 July 2020 11:30 PM
We are open to supporting flexible working options.
This is an exciting opportunity for creative and motivated individuals to lead a Contract and Service Development team, to ensure quality services for the people of Suffolk.
Post 1: Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Autism Service (MH, LD&A)
We are looking to recruit a creative and dynamic individual to join the management team within our MH, LD&A service.
- You will play a key role in the development of strong pathways, support and services for people who sit within our Transforming Care cohort, joining a collaborative and experienced Transforming Care Partnership in Suffolk where plans have progressed but there is still more to do.
- The role will also be tasked with leading a team of people to develop strong pathways for people leading chaotic lives and also support the development of an Autism Strategy in Suffolk.
- You will support the development of better services for people transitioning from children’s services into adults and will also lead the work to refresh the Learning Disability Strategy.
- You will work closely with our central contracts and commissioning team to support the development of a strong housing offer for people with a learning disability and/ or autism and help to drive forward service improvements through our Review & Audit function.
- You will play a key role in delivery of transformation via our corporate transformation programme.
Post 2: Strategic Planning & Resources (SPAR)
As a leader in the SPAR team you will develop a relationship based approach to contract managing a diverse care market to ensure high quality services for vulnerable adults and influence service delivery across the wider care sector. Working in partnership with health and district/borough councils, you will lead on ensuring that services are developed to meet future need and help to achieve the ambition set out in our Market Strategy.
You may already work in the public sector and although this role is primarily focused on housing based support services and home care we are also interested in transferable skills from commercial contract delivery and comparable market development.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact:
- Post 1: Nic Roper (MH, LD&A) on 07872 416399.
- Post 2: Clare Smith (SPAR) on 07793 658833.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: w/c 20 July 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.