- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Constantine House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £48,275 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 30 September 2020 11:30 PM
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding health & safety professional, to lead our continuing journey towards establishing exceptional health and safety management practice in Suffolk County Council.
Reporting to a member of the Corporate Leadership Team, this role requires somebody with senior leadership experience who will be supported by an experienced team of health and safety advisers.
Suffolk County Council is a large local authority with a range of services, all of which need to be delivered safely and effectively.
You will need the knowledge, experience and capability to:
• translate strategic vision into effective practice, down through the organisation to the frontline.
• provide strategic influence, support, challenge, insight and professional advice to the organisation, senior leaders and cabinet members to ensure organisational planning and decision making takes full account of safety, health and well-being considerations
• lead and manage the experienced team of health and safety advisers which provides advice and support to directorates, services, managers and staff to ensure SCC can deliver the strategy, meeting its legal responsibilities and ensuring proportionate and effective management of risks
• identify opportunities for innovation, partnership working, efficiency and income generation both within the organisation and across the public sector.
You will have:
• extensive experience as a health and safety practitioner at a strategic level - preferably in a variety of risk areas or industries, delivery models and services including local government
• good experience as a people manager encouraging and enabling effective collaboration and working to improve their professional and personal development
• demonstrable experience of influencing and working constructively with a wide range of services and professionals to successfully develop, plan and implement policies and strategies that improve and change behaviour and compliance.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Paul Butcher on (01473) 260596 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.