- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £48,275 - £60,514
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 November 2019 11:30 PM
The Skills Team at Suffolk County Council is a small, highly specialist team responsible for leading the development and delivery of Suffolk’s strategies for skills and employment.
- careers and work inspiration
- raising participation
- ensuring young people make successful transitions from education into work
- supporting unemployed young people and adults
- working with local employers to ensure they can access the skilled workforce they need.
We are looking for a proactive and innovative senior manager to take responsibility for our youth participation and employment work in Suffolk.
Alongside leading on participation, you will:
- gain wider experience within our skills and employment portfolio
- work in partnership with our skills and employment and adult learning managers
- be an experienced post-16 practitioner
- have experience leading innovation and change
- have a focus on performance and excellence to achieve the best possible outcomes for residents and businesses in Suffolk.
If you are passionate about improving young peoples’ futures and have the skills, drive and experience to take forward our ambitious plans, then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Judith Mobbs on (01473) 264821 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Interview date: 13 December 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.