- Pulham CofE Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing Date
- 05 July 2021 12:00 PM
- £7,699 - £7,853 pa
- 18 hpw (8:45am - 3:15pm, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) Term time + 1 week
- Required from September 2021
Pulham Primary School is a friendly primary school with a highly committed team of hard-working staff who want to provide the best possible inclusion, learning and achievement for all our pupils.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, patient and attentive teaching assistant who can support one of our Year 3 pupils who has Autism. The pupil needs support to access all areas of learning including positive life skills activities and some aspects of self-care.
They will be committed to inclusion and will be ambitious and open minded about potential for achievements and progress. They need to form a positive and consistent relationship with the pupil, focussing on creating a calm, secure and consistent working environment around them.
The person appointed will work independently with the pupil as well as with the class teacher, the classroom TAs and the SENCo. We hope that candidates will have experience working with pupils with Autism and/or have done some relevant training. The role involves regular contact with the pupil's parents.
We would like to appoint someone able to adapt learning activities and resources to suit the pupil when necessary, making them as accessible as possible.
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic, well mannered, well behaved children who really want to learn.
- Great staff who work together to secure the best outcomes for our children.
- A thorough induction and ongoing support, enabling new staff to settle quickly.
- Dedicated and supportive Governing Body and governors who are very keen to support and promote the work of the school.
- Very supportive parents who want the best for their children and the school.
- Ongoing support through our Friends of the School who arrange many events and activities throughout the year.
Who we are looking for:
- You are interested in making a difference to the experience in school of one SEN pupil.
- You have an understanding of autism.
- You hold the NVQ level 2 in teaching assistance or equivalent qualification or experience.
- You understand and support the principles of inclusion for all pupils.
- You can support us to provide the highest quality learning experience to enable children to reach their potential.
- You are forward thinking, you use your initiative and are able to adapt easily to change.
- You are passionate, enthusiastic and committed to the work you do.
- You are organised.
- You are a good team player.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to phone the school, 01379 676313, for a further conversation with the head teacher or SENCO, about this role. We would like to tell you more about the pupil, their class and the school.
An application form and job description are available from the related information section, any further information is available from our school website: www.pulhamprimary.org.uk
Completed applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com otherwise paper copies can be sent or delivered to the school office.
Interview date: 12 July 2021 (time TBC).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.