- Thorndon CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing Date
- 20 April 2020 01:00 PM
Part time is preferred, although full time would be considered.
Fixed term for one year from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
This is a very exciting time at Thorndon School and we are looking for a teacher from September 2020, to join our rapidly improving school.
We are looking to appoint a KS2 Teacher to teach alongside our Head of School in our small Year 5 / 6 class, a specific subject interest in numeracy would be an advantage, although not essential.
NQTs are welcome to apply.
Our school motto is 'Believe and Achieve' and this encompasses all that we do. We expect high standards of behaviour from pupils; and our staff are determined to provide high-quality teaching and learning opportunities for all pupils.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner with:
- creative flair in planning and teaching exciting and innovative learning for all children
- outstanding classroom skills and a secure knowledge of KS2 curriculum
- high expectations of children and a proven commitment to continuing high standards
- proven skills of organisation and flexibility
- excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
- a commitment to the church ethos of the school.
We can offer you:
- fun, happy, friendly, well-motivated and well behaved children
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- friendly, supportive and hardworking staff
- committed governors
- excellent parental support and strong community links
- an opportunity to join a caring team who work together
- the chance to play a key role in the re-design of our exciting and innovative curriculum.
Visits to the school are unavailable at this time. For a conversation about this role, please call (01379) 678392.
You may also download an application pack from the related information section.
Completed application form and covering letter should be emailed to Victoria Gascoyne-Cecil: email@example.com or sent to the school at The Street, Thorndon, Eye IP23 7JR.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.