- Samuel Ward Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 19 April 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019.
We have a unique opening to deliver half a timetable of Design Technology and half a timetable of Art.
To secure a very strong Technology Teacher, we would be willing to discuss a different second subject or even a part time timetable.
We would be delighted to welcome your application to our great school. We value subject knowledge and ability to communicate with students.
Our teaching and learning approaches are developed by middle leaders and lead practitioners. We work hard to lower workload whilst simultaneously increasing impact.
We will offer you:
- a supportive culture where teachers are free to focus on teaching and learning
- excellent facilities in our £10 million building opening in April 2019
- a strong focus on student behaviour with a centralised detention system run by SLT
- a wide range of CPD opportunities within school, our Teaching School and through our Trust of 22 schools and associated Research School
- opportunities for career progression (including the opportunity to participate in the Trust's Leadership Development Programme)
- an ethos of innovation and experimentation; we are always looking to find new and better ways to help students learn.
* £23,720 - £39,406.
Samuel Ward is a successful, oversubscribed, 11-18 co-educational academy with 1,320 pupil on roll. We are situated in pleasant surroundings on the western edge of Suffolk, within easy reach of Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
If you would like an informal discussion prior to submitting your application, please contact (01440) 760333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit: candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk
Interview date: w/c 22 April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership - welcoming diversity.