- Felixstowe Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 20 May 2019 01:00 PM
Required from September 2019.
Inspire their Remarkable.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English with a passion for accelerating progress within our English department.
You will have the ability to teach English across the full age and ability range and will be able to enthuse, engage and motivate our students to achieve their full potential.
This is an exciting time to join our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
- be an excellent English teacher
- be a committed team player
- have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
- be committed to Felixstowe Academy ethos
- be passionate and ambitious about your own career development.
You will join a friendly and welcoming faculty which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about teaching.
Applications are warmly encouraged from NQTs, for whom excellent facilities and support exists.
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; a fantastic place to live and work, a reasonable travelling distance from London, Cambridge and Norwich.
We are an inclusive 11-18 academy and part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We have a new state of the art building equipped with a 'super-lab', a number of multi-purpose learning spaces, performance spaces which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe.
Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with Chromebooks for students in KS4 and 5.
Achievement and participation in sports and arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level.
In addition, we can offer you a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, and a strong focus on staff induction, training and development.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- opportunity to grow your career - we'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school
- tailored support - we understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children
- the chance to see what's out there - we create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience
- like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - you're connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals
- technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching
- time - we strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on (01394) 288228.
Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply by visiting: https://bit.ly/2HnQEtK
Interview date: 20 May 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.