- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £34,585
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 10 November 2019 11:30 PM
Working with you to find the right specialist Adult Service team and location for you in Suffolk.
Flexible Working options available to support you, your work life balance and career.
Take the next step in your Occupational Therapy (OT) career and progress in a great service.
OT roles in SCC undertake a variety of work such as:
- urgent requests to resolve complex moving and handling issues
- developing, implementing and reviewing reablement plans
- setting goals and outcomes with adults who have care and support needs and their carers
- considering various solutions to meet customer needs, including care support, alternative techniques, equipment or adaptations, assessing for and following up on these as required.
To be successful in this role, you will need a strong mix of knowledge and skills and a degree of resilience.
Adult social care offers its own challenges, but if approached in the right way the role will continue to be fascinating and very rewarding.
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve some of our authority’s priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
We are ambitious in what we want to achieve with you, your team and the service in future.
Our focus is on early intervention, recovery and enabling people to live a healthy and independent life for as long as possible; exercising choice and control while ensuring safety, dignity and quality of life.
We offer you:
- an induction to the role, with support from peers and mentors
- ongoing training, to support your personal and professional development
- clinical support with peers and CPD meetings
- a free DBS check if needed
- development of integrated teams with community health colleagues
- a variety of case work with customers their families and carers in the community including reablement, moving and handling, complex equipment and adaptation needs
- a Newly Qualified Occupational Therapy Programme joint with social workers and the opportunity to link with newly qualified staff in Health
- flexible working (outside of the usual Monday - Friday office hours)
- generous annual leave entitlement.
OT career path at SCC:
- Newly Qualified (Grade 5): £27,905 rising to Experienced after ASYE
- Experienced (Grade 5): £29,636 - £31,371 pro rata
- Senior OT (Grade 6): £32,029 - £34,585 pro rata
- moving onto Team Manager level, Professional Advisor and Practice Governance roles.
You will need a relevant Occupational Therapy qualification and HCPC registration.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Fiona Smith on 07872 421566.
Apply by CV and a short online form and we will support you in finding the right team for you.
Your application will be assessed when you submit it, prior to the closing date.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.