- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 September 2021 11:00 PM
- £33,782 pro rata
- 37 hours per week (Part time applications will be considered)
We have two new opportunities to join Suffolk County Council's Assets and Investments, Procurement Team as a Procurement Business Partner, working from Constantine House, Ipswich.
Assets and Investments is a small, friendly, and supportive team providing procurement support and advice to all areas of Suffolk County Council and undertaking above threshold procurements for the Council.
We are committed to flexible working, and we recognise that wellbeing is essential to the way we work. Hybrid working practices are in place and can be explored. We encourage you to discuss these options at the recruitment stage.
Our WE ASPIRE values set out the behaviours we expect from everyone in the organisation regardless of who they are, what their role or grade is or where they work. The values have been developed through feedback and input from employees at the council and underpin how we go about our everyday work. They define us and help us to be the best we can be.
As a Procurement Business Partner, you will have proven experience of delivering complex above threshold procurements and possess a good knowledge of the public sector regulations relating to Procurement.
You will be responsible for specific areas of Suffolk County Council providing professional procurement and commercial advice and services to stakeholders, up to and including Assistant Director level based on their business objectives and market strategies.
You will need:
- MCIPS or relevant proven experience
- in-depth technical procurement knowledge
- effective communication and networking skills
- resilience to meet the varied demand and pressure of the role.
- Working within a committed, driven and friendly directorate
- We have a positive, flexible working environment to create a healthy work-life balance.
We will offer:
- provision to develop your skills and knowledge through access to learning material and annual personal development reviews
- opportunity to become familiar with the work across a range of teams at Suffolk County Council, including cross directorate working.
Travelling requirements for your role
We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Gillian Glanville on (01473) 264478 or Martin Jennings on (01473) 260450.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.