- East of England Local Government Association
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £38,813 - £42,683
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 09 November 2019 09:00 AM
Part time and secondment applications are welcomed.
Required from January 2020.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the East of England Local Government Association for a Policy and Programme Manager to support our work with the 50 local councils in the East of England and their strategic partners.
The Policy and Programme Manager is a key member of the association team and manages an interesting and complex programme of work on behalf of the association.
Responsibilities currently include:
- management of the Wider South East Programme focussed on delivering greater co-operation / co-ordination on strategic growth and infrastructure issues in the wider south east geography and supporting the east's engagement in the London Plan
- working with key stakeholders and strategic leads to deliver on Transport East projects, programmes and plans
- delivery of specific lead member networks and associated work
- support to the chairman of the association through the provision of relevant briefings
- secretarial support to SMT on the governance structures of the association.
Whilst you would take responsibility for the work programmes identified above, the role covers a wide variety of policy areas and responsibilities which are determined on the needs and priorities of the association's membership.
The role sits within a small team who deliver the association's core policy work programme, but as a small organisation staff are required to work across teams as required by the needs of the association.
The role would suit someone with a keen interest in public policy issues. It requires someone with experience in project and / or programme management, a highly developed sense of political awareness, as well as the ability to effectively manage relationships with external stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Roy Elmer, Senior Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01284) 758316.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application form to Emma Grant via email: email@example.com
Interview date: 26 November 2019.