- Ipswich Borough Council
- Place of work:
- Grafton House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £34,788 - £ 36,876 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2019 01:00 PM
Working within a close knit team providing a comprehensive, high quality service for the effective maintenance and improvement of the operational property portfolio within legal, financial, quality, time and policy constraints.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation / regulations and providing a single point of contact for building managers on technical matters, such as:
- emergency repairs
- contingency works
- planned building maintenance works
- managing the building fabric inspection regime and remedial works.
- have contractor / consultant management and engagement experience
- be able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to progress technical building surveying projects and provide recommendations to senior managers on technical matters
- have experience of running multiple projects at the same time
- have a full working knowledge of construction site safety and CDM regulations
- have experience of management and control of budgets
- be proactive, results focussed and quality driven
- be an excellent communicator across all levels on matters such as advice on construction regulations.
For an informal discussion, please call Graham Hornsby on (01473) 432735.
Apply online at: www.ipswich.gov.uk/jobs where you will need to log in or sign up to 'My Ipswich' to complete the online application form for this vacancy.
Interview date: 9 May 2019.