About the Graduate Programme
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we have made the decision to pause the recruitment for graduates and hope to continue this again in 2022. We are pleased both Internships and Work experience opportunities are continuing.
The two-year Rising High in Suffolk Graduate Programme offers you the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most forward-thinking public sector organisations in the East of England. Bringing together five public sector organisations spanning the police and several councils, this programme is aimed at people comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment, who will be able to bring sustainable solutions to the challenges we are facing across Suffolk.
During the programme, you will undertake three 8-month placements in locations across Suffolk, including Ipswich, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds, Melton and Martlesham Heath. Whilst each placement will be different.
The types of activities you will be expected to undertake might include:
- Providing project support to managers
- Developing project plans and project management documentation
- Leading a workstream within a project, and being personally accountable for the delivery of key tasks and activities
- Producing reports and analysing data
- Developing and organising community engagement events
- Contributing to the development and implementation of creative and innovative sustainable solutions to resolve identified issues
Over the course of the programme, you will learn and put into practice key business skills designed to help you progress into a long, successful career. You will also complete an accredited Level 4 improvement techniques course as part of a wider development programme.
On top of a salary of £20,000, graduates can expect:
- Flexible working benefits
- Access to the local government pension scheme
- The opportunity to be mentored by a Senior Leader within a public sector organisation
- Offers and discounts including low-cost bus travel and childcare vouchers
- Health and wellbeing support
In order to apply for the graduate programme, you must:
- Have achieved an undergraduate 2:2 degree classification or above in any subject
- Or be in your final year of study working towards a 2:2 degree or above
- You must also be able to work in any of the locations across Suffolk
As the Graduate Programme is biennial (i.e. lasts for two years and takes place every two years), recruitment onto the programme takes place every other year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the graduate programme.
Check out our meet the graduates page to get a glimpse into some of our graduates’ time on the programme.
For further detail, make sure you read through the recruitment brochure.