- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 31 December 2021 11:30 PM
- National Minimum Wage
- 25 hours per week
- 6 month placement
These placements are only available to those who have been referred via the Job Centre, are claiming Universal Credit and are aged between 16-24.
We are delighted to be participating in the governments Kickstart scheme, offering a number of placements across the organisation to help young people kickstart their future careers and use the opportunity as a stepping stone to further employment.
Please check out this recruitment brochure which includes a list of participating teams and the placements they are offering. There is information and Job and Person Profile’s for each role so please ensure you look at them all before choosing your 3 preferred placements as part of your application.
Kickstart Support Package
During the six-month placement you will be supported to develop your skills and confidence and gain valuable experience of working in a real job. Working for the County Council also means you’ll be supporting an organisation committed to improving the lives of Suffolk residents and making the county a successful place to live and work.
You’ll be supported every step of the way and alongside your placement will be an inclusive development programme aimed at helping you develop the skills needed for a successful long-term career.
This will include:
- an initial mentor session to explore starting points and training needs
- an English and mathematics diagnostic if you do not already have grade C/4 in English and mathematics
- a one day course in developing softer skills and getting ready for the workplace
- CV and application writing skills
- interview preparation and practice
- development of key employability skills such as teamwork, organisation and communication skills.
You’ll have a manager for your placement as well as a mentor from the college to support you throughout the programme.
- Infrequent Travel - This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions, there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Hannah Kossowska-Peck at: email@example.com
Due to site maintenance, the link below may not be working between 9pm Friday 20th August and 12pm Saturday 21st August 2021.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.