- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £9.55 ph*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 10 per week Monday - Friday plus call out hours
- Closing date:
- 28 February 2020 11:30 PM
*Plus call out mileage and half pay retainer during school holidays.
Do you want support your local community? Are you available for work during school term time, but not looking for full time work?
We need a special someone to deliver a valuable service, in that you will be providing safe passage for children, parents and other pedestrians, to cross the road at a designated point and specific times on their journey. This role provides relief cover for unsupervised patrol points in the Ipswich / Felixstowe areas.
This is a rewarding and respected role within the community that is appreciated by parents, children and road users.
To do this role, you will need to be able to:
- be on standby 7am – 7.30am and 2pm – 2.30pm, ready to cover patrol points in Ipswich / Felixstowe area for emergency cover as and when required
- judge the speed of vehicles and stopping distances in all weather conditions
- act as a confident and positive influence on all road users
- decide on the safest way to stop traffic and the best points in time at which to cross
- at times, liaise with the school and the police to assist in reporting accidents and other incidents at the crossing site.
You will be provided with all equipment and uniform required to carry out the role.
If you are friendly, outgoing and available during school term time, then this could be the job for you.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Mary Jarrett on (01473) 265006.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.