- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 24 January 2021 11:30 PM
- £9.81 per hour (including half pay retainer during school holidays)
- Fixed term contract for 6 months
- Crossing point: Exning Road, Newmarket outside Laureate Community Academy
- Hours of work: 08:30am to 09:15am and 15:15pm to 15:45pm, Monday to Friday term time only
You will deliver a valuable service to the local community. In which you will be providing safe passage for children, parents and other pedestrians, to cross the road at a designated point and specific times on their journey.
To undertake this role you will need to be able to:
- judge the speed of vehicles and stopping distances in all weather conditions
- act as a confident and positive influence to all road users
- decide on the safest way to stop traffic and the best points in time at which to cross.
If you are friendly, outgoing and available during school term time, then this could be the job for you.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Mary Jarrett on (01473) 265006.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.