- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £17,173 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- See advert details
- Closing date:
- 23 November 2018 01:00 PM
8.30am - 9.05am and 3.20pm - 3.50pm, Monday – Friday, plus 20 minutes per day lighting allowance.
Crossing point: Burkitt Road outside St Mary’s CEVP School Woodbridge.
You will deliver a valuable service to the local community, in which you will be providing safe passage for children, parents and other pedestrians, to cross the road at a designated point and specific times on their journey.
To undertake this role, you will need to be able to:
- judge the speed of vehicles and stopping distances in all weather conditions
- act as a confident and positive influence to all road users
- decide on the safest way to stop traffic and the best points in time at which to cross.
If you are friendly, outgoing and available during school term time, then this could be the job for you.
* Plus, half pay retainer during school holidays.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Mary Jarrett on (01473) 265006.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.