- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Honington Community Primary School, Honington; Sudbury; Westbourne Academy, Ipswich; Wickham Market Community Primary School, Wickham Market
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 32 per week
- Closing date:
- 19 November 2018 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for 4 Family Support Practitioners to join the County Inclusion Support Service (CISS) Team. You will be based in one of the following locations:
- Westbourne Academy
- Wells Hall Primary School
- Honington Primary School
- Wickham Market Primary School.
In this role you will:
- work in partnership with mainstream schools to support children and young people who have a diagnosis of Autism, traits of Autism, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and all associated behaviours
- support families and children and young people on CISS caseload in the home.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- have a commitment to inclusion
- an awareness of Autistic Spectrum Disorder and social, emotional and mental health issues
- have a commitment to listening to children and families and to working collaboratively with them to improve outcomes through a solution focussed approach
- access to personal transport and hold a valid British driving licence.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Jan Welsh on 07860 831197 or Ian Wickson on 07860 827801.
Interview date: 27 or 28 November.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.