- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 21 per week
- Closing date:
- 24 January 2019 01:00 PM
Suffolk County Council are currently recruiting for a Specialist Learning Support Assistant to join their team.
Co-ordinated and managed by two children’s nurses, you will support children and young people with complex health needs who are reliant upon technology to enable them to attend school.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver nursing interventions per the pupil’s individual care plan as necessary
- Provide home / hospital learning when appropriate and in accordance with the relevant Suffolk County Council Policies
- Significant moving and handling of pupils per their needs using appropriate equipment as per individualised risk assessment and meeting their daily hygiene, nutritional, respiratory, and developmental needs in the school and community setting
- Administer medication in line with individual school policy
- Liaise with teaching staff on a regular basis and regarding the Individual Education Plan.
To be successful in this role you will need a Nursery Nurse or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in childcare, health and social care or education qualification, alternatively, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing daily procedures for children and young people with additional needs in a care facility, home or school will be considered.
This physically demanding role involves the delivery of specialist medical procedures for these pupils, most of whom attend our special schools. Full training will be provided.
The team support pupils across the county and we currently have opportunities within the Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich areas.
For an informal discussion contact Kate Wood on 07850 975326 or email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.