- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Hardwick Primary School, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £17,173 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 28 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 February 2019 01:00 PM
Fixed-term until 31 July, 2019. Term time 39 weeks per year.
This is your opportunity to become a Specialist Support Assistant for SCLN (Speech, Language and Communication Needs) with our Sensory and Communication Service, which supports children across the county.
You will work in partnership with the school to provide a creative, meaningful and personalised curriculum, enabling all our children to become active learners and achieve their potential.
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of Suffolk’s Speech and Language specialist KS1 provisions, experience of working with pupils with SEND or speech and language needs is advantageous, however specialist support will be provided.
- have empathy, tolerance, patience, clear and accurate speech, effective communication and listening skills
- be flexible and adapt to a changing classroom environment
- have the ability to guide and supervise children
- be able to work as part of a team
- be able to follow instructions and work under direction of the class teacher
- have an understanding of safeguarding procedures.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Caroline Wells on 07864619630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date 7 and 8 March 2019.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.