- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £16,626 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 23 November 2018 12:00 PM
28.75 hpw, 38 weeks per year.
Fixed term contract for 1 year (initially).
Starting 3 Janaury 2019 or sooner if possible.
We are a thriving school in the centre of Ipswich, with well-motivated pupils and supportive, friendly staff. We are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Support Assistant to work with a child in the Early Years Team.
You will have:
- an interest in helping children to develop positive learning behaviour
- patience and an ability to form relationships with complex pupils
- a sound understanding of the skills required to support young children's learning
- empathy for and understating of the issues affecting pupils with additional or complex needs, and a passion to support them to achieve
- the ability to be flexible and to try different approaches
- qualifications and experience are preferred but not essential
- good English and mathematics skills (grade C or level 4 or above).
Our school offers:
- positive, happy and motivated children who enjoy learning
- a strong and supportive professional working environment, with guidance from our excellent team of teachers and support staff.
School visits are welcome. Please contact the school office on (01473) 251613 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return completed applications to the school at: Bolton Lane, Ipswich IP4 2BT.
Interview date: 30 November 2018.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.