- Great Whelnetham CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 14 April 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,198 pro rata
- Monday - Friday 9am - 3.25pm (1/2 hr lunch) 38 weeks per year.
- Fixed Term until 31st August 2022
- Required from 15 May 2021
Great Whelnetham Primary School is a small friendly primary school in Great Whelnetham and part of the All Saints Schools Trust. We have a highly committed team of hard working staff who deliver the best possible inclusion, learning and achievement for all our pupils.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, patient and attentive teaching assistant who can support one of our Key Stage 2 pupils.
You will be committed to inclusion. Ambitious and open minded about potential for achievement and progress. You need to form a positive and consistent relationship with the pupil, focussing on creating a calm, secure and consistent working environment around them.
You will work independently with the pupil as well as with the class teacher and the SENCo. We hope that candidates will have experience working with pupils with children with specific learning needs / or have done some relevant training.
We would like to appoint someone able to adapt learning activities and resources to suit the pupil when necessary, making them as accessible as possible.
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic, well mannered, well behaved children who really want to learn.
- Great staff who work brilliantly together to secure the best outcomes for our children.
- Dedicated and supportive Governing Body and governors who are very keen to support and promote the work of the school.
- Very supportive parents who want the best for their children and the school.
- A warm and welcoming school with a strong Christian ethos.
You will be:
- interested in making a difference to the experience in school of one SEND pupil
- able to ensure the physical welfare of the student and assist them with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed, e.g. assisting with lifting moving and handling, intimate care
- understanding and support the principles of inclusion for all pupils
- supportive and provide the highest quality learning experience to enable children to reach their potential
- have high expectations for all children
- forward thinking, you use your initiative and are able to adapt easily to change
- passionate, enthusiastic and committed to the work you do
- a good team player.
If you would like an informal discussion prior to submitting your application, you are welcome to contact Imogen Wallis on email@example.com
Completed applications to be returned to Angela Kimber, Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal address: Great Whelnetham School, Stanningfield Road, Great Whelnetham, Bury St Edmunds, IP30 0UA
Interview date:16 April 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant