- Howard Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 21 June 2021 10:00 AM
- Required from September 2021.
Howard Community Academy is on an upward trajectory with Anglian Learning. We want the very best for our children and community. Are you the person to join our team?
Are you a teacher with strong leadership skills – or who has aspirations to develop?
Are you looking for a fresh challenge and want to make a significant difference to pupils and to the development of a school? This post is suitable for experienced or newly qualified teachers.
Howard Community Academy is a school which has all the right ingredients to succeed and to provide the very best for all its pupils. The current staff and the community are committed and keen to continue to put in place the changes that need to be made for this to happen. The school joined Anglian Learning on 1 April 2020 and the journey towards this vision, has already started. We are looking for a teacher who wishes to be part of that catalyst to create a school that is an inspiration to both the local community and the pupils.
We are seeking a teacher who can make a difference through building high quality relationships with children, staff and parents.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience who will bring enthusiasm, creativity and a commitment to children's learning. The right candidate will be adaptable, enthusiastic and highly motivated with a full commitment to our school and its aim to create a happy, successful learning environment for all pupils.
In return you will receive:
- a salary that reflects your experience
- commitment from Anglian Learning to support your wellbeing with Trust based benefits such as free membership to Anglian Learning Sports Centres and a Cycle to Work Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- the opportunity for training and development utilising the programmes on offer through the trust
- a supportive ethos with a shared commitment to planning and working in teams both within the Academy and across the other Primary Schools within the trust
- an opportunity to be part of a happy and professional team who share the same values of ensuring that the best interests of children are served
- the opportunity to research and develop practice in school improving provision and pupil outcomes
- the opportunity to challenge current practices and to develop pro-actively future practices
- the opportunity to make a significant impact and difference to a school, within a supportive environment and with the necessary resources.
We are looking for someone who:
- wants to be part of our improvement journey and is excited by the challenges and rewards of Primary Teaching in 2021
- is enthusiastic, adaptable, resilient and consistent in their approach to teaching and working with children
- has high expectations of children’s behaviour and a commitment to raising standards
- is not afraid to challenge us to ensure we achieve the very best for all our pupils
- has a good understanding of the primary curriculum and is confident to shape it to meet pupils’ interests and needs.
If you would like to book a telephone conversation with the Headteacher, Alison Weir or Anglian Learning’s Director of Primary Education, Prue Rayner please contact Mrs Kelly Hamlin, Office Manager at: email@example.com
The application pack and further details are available on the school’s website: www.howardprimary.org or from Kelly Hamlin.
Applicants should include a letter of application (no more than two sides) to the Headteacher, Mrs Alison Weir outlining their experience, teaching ethos, what they hope to bring to Howard Community Academy and how they meet the person specification.
Recruitment will be via online interview and other tasks, which will be confirmed after shortlisting.
Interview date: 24 and 25 June 2021.
Anglian Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.