- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,853 - £23,484 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 24 April 2020 12:00 PM
Minimum of 21 hpw (more can be negotiated).
You will be responsible for the premises and buildings of a large town centre school (420 pupils), ensuring the school remains safe and all legal requirements are met.
You will take overall responsibility for ensuring the fabric of the school is in good condition and liaising with contractors will be a main part of your daily role.
Reporting directly to the Head Teacher, you will be able to use your own initiative to make recommendations. You will need be able to form good relationships with main contractors, specifically the school's Property Advisor and colleagues within school.
You will have:
- experience of managing a premise (heating, lighting, water testing etc)
- a good working understanding of Health and Safety requirements in the workplace
- the ability to manage a team including a caretaker and cleaning team
- project management experience is desirable
- understanding of the legal requirements in a school (legionella, asbestos, COSHH etc).
You will be:
- a 'can do' and positive person
- able to work to deadlines
- able to thrive in a large busy school
- able to prioritise tasks and organise own workload
- able to work as part of a team to secure a common goal
- part of the school's vision as a Christian school, where we respect and value all.
We can offer you:
- being part of a successful school with Christian values at the centre
- surrounded by a supportive, committed and experienced team
- clear vision and direction
- a fresh challenge to make a difference.
Visits to the school are welcomed (please note the school will be closed for Easter between 3 - 21 April). Please call the school office on (01472) 251613 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return the completed application form to the school.
Interview date: 29 April 2020.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.