- Edgar Sewter Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,795 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 01 June 2020 01:00 PM
28.75 hpw, term time plus 1 week. Mon – Fri, 8.45am – 12.30pm, 1.30pm – 3.30pm. Lunchtime duty of 30 minutes @ £9.18 ph (claimed as additional hours)
1 year fixed term contract.
Required from September 2020.
We are seeking to recruit a caring, creative, experienced and outstanding teaching assistant to join our team Key Stage 2 team. Under the guidance of teaching staff, you will be responsible for groups of pupils and will be expected to plan small group activities, as well as be responsible for assessing pupils’ progress and achievement throughout the year.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from applicants who have the HLTA* qualification or equivalent or who have experience of covering whole classes for PPA cover or staff absences throughout the week, either morning or afternoon.
You will join a friendly and committed staff team in a good teaching and learning environment. There will be opportunities throughout the year for Professional Development Training.
You will have:
- excellent knowledge of the curriculum for KS2 children.
- experience of planning and being responsible for children in KS2
- experience of assessment in KS2
- excellent phonic knowledge.
- minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- GCSE in English and Maths.
- HLTA qualification (desirable).
- be ICT literate
- have experience/ knowledge of running interventions- i.e. Numicon, Phonics, Catch Up
- have behaviour management experience/training
- be willing to run clubs after school
- be creative and take initiative to plan exciting, practical and meaningful learning experiences for primary children
- encourage children to reach their full potential in terms of academic achievement but also their social and emotional development
- have the ability to work as part of a team and be flexible.
- have a commitment to working in partnership with parents.
*HLTA rate £12.11 ph..
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms to be returned to the school, via email, post or hand delivery: Edgar Sewter Primary, Norwich Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BU (01986) 873194. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org