- Martlesham Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,391 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 01:00 PM
26.33 hpw, Monday - Thursday, 39 weeks per year.
Fixed term until 31 August 2019 (potential for a longer contract).
Required March 2019, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our successful school. We are a small community primary school which prides itself on relationships.
You will be required to:
- work mainly with children individually or in small groups
- work closely with the class teachers to maintain high standards
- work in close partnership with external agencies where necessary
- be able to provide evidence of how individual targets are met to ensure progress
- liaise with teaching staff
- assist in developing each child's self-esteem and personal and social skills
- deliver interventions as appropriate to support the needs of the children in the cohort
- supervise children during their break and lunch breaks.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children with additional needs in a school setting
- is flexible and can use their own initiative
- can work independently and as part of a team
- is willing to work flexibly and undertake a range of duties
- is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- has the ability to manage change well, and support pupils in a variety of situations
- has KS2 experience.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Further information about our school is available on our school website: www.martelshamacademy.org
For further details, please contact the school on (01473) 624409.
The school, and REAch2 Academy Trust, reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Application forms should be returned to the school: Martlesham Primary Academy, Blacktiles Lane, Martlesham, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4SS.
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019.
Initial interviews may be held by Skype or ZOOM.
Martlesham Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. The school welcomes diversity.