- Blundeston CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,173 - £19,819 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 January 2019 09:00 AM
37 hpw, term-time only.
Fixed term to 31 August 2020.
Blundeston CEVC Primary is a thriving, popular and aspirational Church of England school in rural Suffolk. We are looking to appoint a combined Nurture / Pastoral Support Assistant to support our children and families. This is an exciting new role, which you will have the opportunity to develop.
We are looking to appoint a flexible and committed person who:
- can provide high quality care and support for children with a range of social, emotional and behavioural needs, enabling them to flourish
- can build positive relationships with children
- has experience of a nurture and / or pastoral role within a school or other setting (Children's Centre etc.)
- understands, and can demonstrate, the principles of nurture, using a range of effective strategies and by creating a calm and secure learning environment
- can actively promote a nurturing approach across the school, including leading training of other staff members
- has experience of offering early help to families, including CAFs
- is confident and calm when dealing with parents, but can also be firm when needed
- is able to use their own initiative
- can work collaboratively by liaising with other members of the school community, including the SENDCo, safeguarding team, external agencies and parents
- can liaise with teachers about the needs and progress of children receiving support
- can demonstrate the ability to develop children's basic literacy and numeracy skills
- will support the school's aims and values
- is warm, reflective and patient with a positive outlook
- has mathematics and English GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above
- enjoys working as part of a team.
We can offer:
- a fantastic opportunity to work in our successful and forward-looking school
- the opportunity to shape this new role
- a school with a strong Christian ethos
- a cohesive and experienced staff team
- a school with a caring and inclusive ethos, often commented on by parents and visitors
- delightful, keen, creative and well-behaved children who contribute much to their school and the wider community.
Roll: 200 (4-11)
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact Elayne Hilton, Office Manager, via email at: email@example.com or by telephone on (01502) 730488.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the school at Blundeston CEVCP School, Church Road, Blundeston, Suffolk NR32 5AX.
Interview date: 28 January 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.