- Pot Kiln Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,426 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 27 November 2019 12:00 PM
20 hpw (timetable tba), 39 weeks per year.
Required from January 2020.
Are you passionate about helping children discover their strength of character?
We want our pupils to develop self-awareness, self-esteem and build confidence through outdoor learning. To that end we are looking for an enthusiastic outdoor lead with drive, imagination and creativity to deliver enjoyable, memorable and educational outdoors experiences for our children from reception to Year 6.
You will plan and lead programmes to reinforce the school values and complement the curriculum with groups of children through a range of different activities; primarily at school but we can have the use of other venues such as Eden-Rose Coppice. This will provide a high level of outdoor education that will enable our children to explore stimulating environments and fun experiences that will help them to achieve, problem solve and complete challenging tasks. Further training will be available.
You will be a positive role model and be required to adapt your skills and experience to work with children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering to their individual needs.
As a member of the team, our aim would be to utilise you for your strengths and experience. However, there may be occasions when we ask you to assist in other activities. On these occasions we require flexibility and co-operation at all times.
- Ensure the school ethos, policies and procedures are adhered to whilst the children in your care continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities including bush craft with enthusiasm and encourage maximum participation of the children in the group
- Offer support to other staff members, especially those who are part of outdoor learning programs, in planning and running sessions
- Manage the exchange of all relevant information regarding children in your care to the Teacher
- Assess and report on the children's progress.
Additional duties will include overseeing the site, resources, cleaning and kit maintenance
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have experience working with children
- Must hold a childcare level 3 / sport coaching qualification
- Forest School qualification (level 3) desirable
- Experience teaching bush craft and / or the Forest School method is desirable
- Enthusiastic and organised with excellent communication skills and good sense of initiative
- Flexible team player willing to take on various tasks and further training as required
- Must be creative in the planning and carrying out of tasks and fun activities for the children.
Pot Kiln is a Suffolk primary school with children from nursery through to Year 6.
Roll: 324; 3 - 11 (October 2019).
* £8,454 pa (£9.55 ph)
You are most welcome to visit the school.
For further information or to arrange a visit, please call (01787) 372107.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application via email to: email@example.com or post to: Fiona Lock, Deputy Headteacher, Pot Kiln Primary School, Butt Road, Great Cornard, Suffolk CO10 0DS.
Interview date: 3 December 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.