- Rose Hill Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £8,227 pa
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 10 September 2019 10:00 AM
20 hpw, Monday - Thursday, 9.30am - 3pm with a 30 minute lunch break. Hours could be flexible. 38 weeks per year.
Required from 28 October 2019, Rose Hill Primary School are seeking to appoint a Reading Advocate to support us in our work of raising achievement for children.
- develop and promote the role of the library in the school, with an active engagement in diversity and equity issues
- work with children to promote reading
- promote the effective and efficient use of the library and library resources
- work with the teaching staff to take a strategic approach to cultivating a love of reading with children
- manage the school library and library resources
- select, acquire, maintain and withdraw library stock, ensuring a balance between subject and ability levels
- organise, catalogue and classify library resources, both electronically and print based
- arrange and supervise reading volunteers.
Our school offers:
- positive, happy and motivated children who enjoy learning
- a strong and supportive professional working environment, with guidance from our excellent team of teachers and support staff.
For further information and a discussion regarding the post, please contact Adam Wilson on (01473) 727552 or email: email@example.com
CVs are not accepted.
Application packs are available from the trust website: www.gcetrust.org.uk or by phoning Human Resources on (01473) 277250.
Alternatively, the application form and job description can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school: Copleston Road, Ipswich IP4 5HD.
Interview date: 17 September 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.