- Pakefield Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 April 2021 12:00 PM
- £19,123 - £19,698
- 37 hpw, 52 weeks per year
- Required from May 2021.
We are looking for a well organised, self-motivated, multi skilled and reliable Site Manager to join our team at Pakefield.
The role of Site Manager is a varied role which is immensely rewarding and fun. The fundamental part of this post will be to ensure the children have the best learning environment for them to succeed and enjoy learning in.
You will be required to:
- carry out general site maintenance and security of the building and grounds
- ensuring the cleanliness of the site through management of our cleaning team and undertaking some cleaning duties
- manage and Health and Safety of the building and site, including safe storage of cleaning materials
- record Health and Safety tasks on Handsam
- ensuring the inside and outside environments are well maintained and meet Health and Safety requirements
- be a primary key holder and attend any call emergency call outs
- checking the building daily, opening and closing the building
- liaising with contractors and organising works
- you must also be willing to undertake routine painting and decorating, gardening, maintenance and general repairs when required.
Previous experience as a Caretaker or Site Manager or experience in the building trade is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- be able to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills and be able to relate well to children and interact with them in a friendly and positive manner
- have an understanding of how to safeguard children; although full training will be provided.
In turn, Pakefield Primary School can offer you:
- a friendly and supportive environment to work in, with happy children and a committed team of staff who always strive for the best for all of the children.
- highly motivated and enthusiastic children
- focused CPD opportunities at Pakefield and within the Active Learning Trust
- a supportive environment where the staff well-being is a priority
- highly collaborative working practices
- a community where we value and support each other.
Conversations and visits with Martyn Payne, Headteacher are encouraged and further information, including the application documentation can be found on our website: www.pakefieldprimaryschool.org.uk
Interview date: 23 April 2021.
Pakefield Primary School and the Active Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to the taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture in our recruitment.