- Gislingham CE Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £16,495 - £17,391 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 25 January 2019 12:00 PM
* HLTA hours to be paid at Grade 4 £19,819 pro rata
Hours to be negotiated, 39 weeks per year.
Gislingham is an outstanding school with a welcoming, caring and supportive staff team and fantastic children.
We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced and dedicated Teaching Assistant to support the learning of pupils within an Upper KS2 class. You will complement the professional work of the teachers by taking responsibility for delivering learning activities for individuals and groups of children under the supervision of the class teacher. There may also be the opportunity for Higher Level Teaching Assistant responsibility where you will have the ability to work with greater initiative; delivering learning activities for larger groups of pupils.
You will be engaging and enthusiastic with:
- experience of working with Year 5 / Year 6 pupils
- the ability to use your own initiative in supporting the learning needs of our pupils
- the ability to inspire and motivate children to ensure that they achieve their full potential
- excellent communication skills; English and mathematics of grade A* - C or equivalent, and some knowledge of the curriculum requirements for primary schools
- high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour and be able to relate to pupils in a pleasant and sympathetic manner
- flexibility and commitment to working as part of a team
- a good sense of humour and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
We can offer:
- well-behaved, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- supportive, knowledgeable and experienced staff, who are passionate about education
- opportunities for professional development.
If you are interested in joining our friendly and highly skilled team, we would love to hear from you. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For further details, please contact Julie Welham via email: email@example.com or call (01379) 783283.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 28 January 2019.
Our school is committed to confidentiality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all staff and volunteers.