- Trinity CEVAP School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,364 - £21,166 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 04 December 2019 02:00 PM
18 hpw, every morning plus Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Fixed term linked to pupil funding.
Required from February 2020.
We are looking to appoint a reliable, committed and capable Teaching Assistant who will be able to support learning on a 1:1 basis. Experience of working with SEND / ASD children in an educational setting is essential.
You will need to:
- be flexible and adaptable
- be calm, positive, patient, but firm
- have excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive and supportive relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- be able to use your own initiative and 'think on your feet', as well as being able to work as part of a team
- have experience working with children with special educational needs including ASD within a school setting
- be passionate about supporting every child to achieve
- have good literacy and numeracy skills (minimum level of GCSE mathematics and English Grade C is essential)
- be committed to the vision and values of our Church of England School.
In return, we will offer:
- pupils who enjoy learning and whose behaviour is excellent
- a caring and friendly environment where teamwork is integral to our success
- supportive staff, governors and parents
- focused professional development opportunities
- a fantastic learning environment.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended, please contact the school office (01449) 770462 to arrange an appointment to view the school and meet the Headteacher.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return completed applications to the school via post: Lavenham Way, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 2BZ or via email: email@example.com
We welcome applications from people of all faiths or none, who are happy to support the school's Christian ethos and participate in class / school worship time.
Interview date: 9 December 2019.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.