- Norton CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £18,426 - £19,171 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 06 March 2020 01:00 PM
25 hpw, 38 weeks per year. *Plus 5 hpw lunchtime supervision (paid at £9.18 ph).
Required from 20 April 2020 (Summer Term).
We are seeking to appoint a KS1 Teaching Assistant to join our welcoming and supportive team. The role will initially involve working mainly in Year 2 but there will be some sessions in Year 1.
You must be enthusiastic, nurturing and innovative.
You will be required to:
- work with children, individually or in small groups in KS1 classes
- work closely with the class teacher to maintain high standards
- demonstrate a secure understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- provide observations and evidence for assessments
- liaise with teaching staff to plan and deliver classroom support
- assist in developing each child's self-esteem and personal and social skills
- deliver interventions as appropriate to support the needs of the children in the cohort.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children in a primary school setting
- is flexible and can use their own initiative
- can work independently and as part of a team
- is willing to work flexibly and undertake a range of duties
- is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- has the ability to manage change well, and support pupils in a variety of situations
- has high expectations of children's behaviour and achievements
- possesses good literacy and numeracy skills
- can demonstrate initiative and the ability to communicate well with both teaching staff and pupils.
We can offer you:
- a warm and welcoming school environment
- a supportive and dedicated team
- children who are keen to learn and be inspired.
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please phone Fiona Rapley at the school office on (01359) 230520 for an appointment.
If you require further details, contact the school on (01359) 230520 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be returned to: Lisa Sparkes, Headteacher, Norton CEVC Primary School, Norton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP31 3LZ.
Interview date: 12 March 2020.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS check will be required of the successful applicant.