- Forest Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9.18 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 06 September 2019 01:00 PM
Both posts are 20 hpw; a job share arrangement will be considered.
We are looking for 2 skilled teaching assistants, with a caring nature to join our team.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- working closely with the class teacher
- being able to provide evidence of how individual targets are met to ensure progress
- liaising with teaching staff to plan and deliver classroom support
- assisting in developing each child's self-esteem and personal and social skills
- delivering interventions, as appropriate, to support the needs of the children in the cohort.
- have experience of working as a teaching assistant
- have at least an NVQ Level 2 / diploma or equivalent in the field of child development or working with children
- be flexible and can use their own initiative, understanding a range of duties
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- be resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- have a good sense of humour
- be able adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- be able to manage change well, and support children in a variety of situations.
Visits to the school are recommended; for an informal discussion or to arrange an appointment, please contact either April Grimes or Lorna Rourke, Headteachers, on (01842) 810309.
For more information about our school, please visit our website: www.forest.suffolk.sch.uk
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Interview date: w/c 16 September 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.