- Raedwald Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,819 - £22,401 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 May 2019 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday. 39 weeks per year.
You will be working across the Raedwald Academy Trust settings. The academies provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons.
As part of the ongoing development of our service, we are seeking Learning and Progress Support workers with a strong commitment to social inclusion and improving learning outcomes for vulnerable children. We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development.
Learning and Progress workers work within an agreed system of supervision to support the education of children and young people at the Raedwald Trust.
- provide high quality classroom support
- contribute effectively to planning and preparation of learning activities and resources as required
- have relevant experience or experience within a mainstream setting
- be able to demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies
- be a good team player
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all stakeholders
- be flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
- be able to build positive working relationships with young people
- have GCSE English and mathematics at Level C or above (or equivalent).
As part of the Raedwald Trust Team, you will support pupils in-centre during the school day (including lunch time duties), communicate with families and outside agencies, and enable inclusion within community schools via advisory role during any outreach.
Access to personal transport is essential.
Informal discussions or visits to the academies prior to application are welcomed and encouraged, to arrange an appointment please call (01473) 550472.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section. Please state any relevant Key Stage experience.
Completed application forms should be returned to Laura Leeder via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 6 May 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.