- Raedwald Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,215 - £22,849 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2020 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year. 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday.
Based in Ipswich
The academies within Raedwald Trust provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons.
As part of the ongoing development of our service, we are seeking Learning and Progress Support workers with a strong commitment to social inclusion and improving learning outcomes for vulnerable children. We are looking to recruit within our Early Years and KS1 setting. We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development. As part of the Raedwald Trust you may be required to work across the Trust settings.
Learning and Progress post holders work within an agreed system of supervision to support the education of children and young people at the Raedwald Trust.
- provide high quality classroom support
- contribute effectively to planning and preparation of learning activities and resources as required
- have relevant experience or experience within a mainstream setting
- be able to demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies
- be a good team player
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all stakeholders
- be flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
- have the ability to build positive working relationships with young people
- have GCSE English and mathematics at Level C or above (or equivalent).
As part of the Raedwald Trust Team, you will support pupils in-centre during the school day (including lunch time duties), communicate with families and outside agencies, and enable inclusion within community schools via advisory role during any outreach.
Access to personal transport is essential.
For more information, please see the job description found in the related information section.
Please note we cannot accept CVs only the application form below.
For further details please contact Laura Leeder at the Trust Office on (01473) 550472. Email: email@example.com Informal discussions or visits to the school, prior to application, are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note you may be invited to interview before the closing date.
Appointment of the successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. This is as stated in the Academy's Safeguarding Policy to show commitment to safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children.