- Holbrook Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 May 2021 01:00 PM
- £32,910 - £39,759 pro rata
- Term time plus 4 weeks.
- Required from September 2021.
We wish to appoint an experienced Finance Manager to effectively manage all aspects of the academy’s finances in a rigorous and efficient manner on a day to day basis from September 2021.
You will have extensive experience of:
- financial management and budgetary control
- the use of financial and budgeting software systems and the preparation of financial reports
- financial reporting to Governors, the Headteacher and leadership team,
- strategic financial planning
- ensuring that financial standards are complied with in line with current legislation and requirements of the ESFA, Companies House, Charities Commission, HM Customs and Excise and other organisations as required
- management of the financial aspects of capital projects
- the use of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- effective prioritisation of their workload and an ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
It would be hugely advantageous if the applicant had relevant academy finance experience with SIMS FMS, accounting qualification (AAT, CIMA, CIPFA etc) and an understanding of sound financial practices. Excellent communication skills are essential.
Holbrook Academy is a popular, mixed comprehensive school to the south of Ipswich easily accessible from the A12 and A14. We pride ourselves on our positive and supportive ethos and our passion is to ensure that students learn for life. The school has been judged ‘Good’ across all aspects by Ofsted (February 2019).
Please contact Sarah Beazley, Headteacher’s PA, for further details and an application pack on: email@example.com or call (01473) 328317.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for all posts.